CELEBRATE THE COMPLETION OF THE WAITUKUBULI TRAIL
There is no better way to see the Nature Island than to lace up a pair of hiking shoes and set out on one of Dominica’s many trails for an up-close and personal experience. And now, Dominica offers visitors an unparalleled hiking adventure available on no other Caribbean island, a trail that extends the length of the island—the Waitukubuli National Trail.
The trail offers visitors the opportunity to explore the Nature Island in a unique way, leading hikers into the heart of local communities, while passing through mountainous landscapes and rainforests, and past the rivers and waterfalls for which Dominica is famous. Depending on the segment, those taking the trail can pass through quaint farming villages, follow an old slave route or even encounter wild parrots or pigs.
· 115 miles long, divided into 14 segments
· Takes (on average) two weeks to complete in its entirety
· Segments vary from easy family hikes, to moderate, to difficult
· Average walking time is 2 to 2½ hours per segment
· More difficult segments can take 8 to 10 hours to complete
· Trails vary in topography, forest coverage and natural attractions. Most segments are forest trails, but some are coastal trails and include magnificent ocean vistas.
Learn more about the Waitukubuli National Trail by visiting www.waitukubulitrail.com
Calibishie Lodges Establishment Main Road Calibishie Dominica Cell 001 767 317 1843 Cell. 001 767 316 9258 Tel. 001 767 445 8537 Fax. 001 767 445 8074 Email firstname.lastname@example.org